For Me, LinkedIn is a Game-Changer
It’s easy to complain about LinkedIn.
The algorithm is tricky, engagement fluctuates, and new features are “meh.”
But LinkedIn has been a game-changer professionally since I jumped on the platform in early 2020.
My consulting business has not only grown but expanded beyond the Canadian border.
Most of my clients are non-Canadian, which I never imagined happening.
I’ve built relationships with people around the world and formed many friendships.
When I start travelling again, I look forward to meeting many people in person.
As important, I continue to learn from reading and watching smart people. I keep a “Saved” list of posts as a go-to resource.
While dabbling with TikTok, I’m still bullish on LinkedIn and its ability to drive ROI.
For what it’s worth, I’m ambivalent about Twitter at a time when some high-profile LinkedIn creators have recently jumped into the fray.
As for what I’d like to see from LinkedIn in 2023:
• A better UX for “Saved” posts, including easier ways to search and tag.
• Improved groups, which has been rumoured for years.
• Better analytics for personal accounts. Shield AI continues to rule the roost.
• The ability to post a graphic or photo after a post is published.
• Insight the rules of engagement to know what’s onside and offside
What’s on your wish list for LinkedIn?
How are you getting value from the platform?